Wednesday 29 August 2018

Stansted Aircraft Landing


Having found what I thought was a good location to shoot sundown or sunset shots of aircraft arriving at Stansted Airport, last evening was my first opportunity to try it out. Well I will have to continue my search for a better place.  The last two shots show the problem, I need to get the aircraft coming towards the camera but that is not in line with the light. Now I did use the Photographer's Ephemeris, TPE but the angles to shoot are not easy to calculate with a sinking sun and the distance to the airfield. 

I have not done a lot of work on these images as they are not what I am looking for. It’s work in progress.

Ryanair: Boeing 737-8AS 

Ryanair: Boeing 737-8AS 

 EasyJet: Airbus A319-111

Qatar Air Cargo: Airbus A330-243F  

Ryanair: Boeing 737-8AS 

These next three shots are post sunset.
FedEx: Airbus A300F4-605R

 Eurowings: Airbus A319-132 

Brasilia - Swiftair EC-HCF:  Embraer EMB-120FC
These next two shots show the same aircraft approaching the landing. First shot has a good angle on the aircraft but not in the good light. The second shot is five seconds further on and in the good light but with a poor angle.

EasyJet: Airbus A319-111

EasyJet: Airbus A319-111

© Lionel Callow 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment