Monday 27 August 2018

Aircraft Landing

I have a couple of aviation shoots that I would like to do. I need the right conditions, so this may take some time. The first one is a sundown maybe sunset shoot. The second one is a night shoot, or should I say a blue hour shoot, with the moon in the background. This one is going to be difficult and may prove to be near impossible. I am using Stanstead airport, I am looking for places to get the angles right. Today I tried out two locations, both will work for the sundown shots but will not be good for the moon shots. The height of the aircraft is crucial as is the direction I shoot from. For this to work I will need a lot of things to come together, weather, cloud cover, light & timing. As I live down the road I will be able to get ready at short notice, so I am on a watching brief.  This is a few test shots for the location from today.


easyJet: Airbus A319-111

Saudi Ministry of Finance and Economy: Boeing 737-700

Saudi Ministry of Finance and Economy: Boeing 737-700

WOW Air: Airbus A321-211 

Kalair: Boeing 767

TUI fly: Boeing 737-8K5 - 

Cobalt Air: Airbus A319-112 


© Lionel Callow 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment