Monday 3 September 2018

Aircraft Arriving at London Stansted

I took another trip last Saturday looking for a better place to get my sunset photos of arriving aircraft at Stansted & I successfully found two new places. However, I realised having thought about the problem I detailed in my previous post that due to the orientation of the runway & thus the heading of the aircraft which is 230° (runway 23/05) I will only have a short window of opportunity to get the shot I am looking for between May & July next year. The sun is moving throughout the year from a south westerly to a north westerly arc limiting my opportunities of getting the shot.  I am still looking for places for 05 arrivals, but that heading is not used as much, so a lot more things have to come together to make it work.





This is a good place for some shots, it is about 1000 yards from the runway so, you can get some good closeup images. 

United Arab Emirates - Dubai Air Wing A6-MRS: Boeing 737-8E0 (BBJ2)

Jet2.com (Titan Airways) G-POWN: Airbus A321-211

Thomas Cook Airlines (SmartLynx Airlines)YL-LCQ: Airbus A321-231

Primera Air Nordic YL-PSF:  Boeing 737-7Q8
 
Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic)TF-AMU: Boeing 747-48EF(SCD)

Aurigny Air Services  G-LERE: ATR 72-212A(500)

 Jet2.com (Titan Airways) G-POWV: Airbus A321-211

Titan Airways: G-POWD: Boeing 767-36N(ER)

D-CAMB -Bombardier Learjet 31A 

D-CAMB -Bombardier Learjet 31A 

© Lionel Callow 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment