Tuesday 21 May 2019

Birnbeck Pier


Birnbeck Pier, Weston-Super-Mare, is a derelict, grade 2 listed building / structure and it is on the buildings at risk register. For a long time, I have had it on my list of buildings that I wanted to photograph. The pier closed to the public in 1994, so I was very surprised to see the amount of deterioration that has taken place in such a short time, twenty-five years. Part of the pier collapsed during storms on 30 December 2015.  I have included more shots of this structure than I would normally, sadly it may not look like this within a year or so. If you look at these images and compare parts of the structure you can see large chunks that are now missing.




















© Lionel Callow 2019


2 comments:

  1. See the pier via the streaming webcam and help to regenerate the Pier in any way you can. http://birnbeckregenerationtrust.org.uk/webcam.html
    Like the Facebook page if you will. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete