Friday 23 June 2017

Sheringham

Day 6: Part 2

We chose to visit this small traditional seaside town having arrived on the North Norfolk Railway (see my previous post), this really makes a great family day out. The small town has all these wonderful cafés, sweet shops, fish & chip shops, ice-cream parlours & lots more.  A short walk through the high street and you arrive at the beach.





I met this fisherman preparing his boat ready for his next trip, having had a brief chat I asked him if I could take a few shots, he agreed and so these are the results. I do not pose or setup people I just have a conversation and take shots as they occur. We were discussing how far from the shore he goes to drop his lobster pots, in one of the shots he is pointing out at the pots he had recently deployed. This image looks like a clumsy pose but it is a genuinely candid shot. I really enjoyed our brief chat.







Three ladies enjoying the day.





In 1894 the Henry Ramey Upcher was the second private lifeboat, it was stationed in Sheringham 

© Lionel Callow 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment